Position – Chief Operations Officer, COO
An executive role within the Swiss & Ajax company creates for an opportunity for an experienced and hands-on talent to join our team as a:
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
In that role you will be responsible for:
• The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have day-to- day responsibility for overseeing the operations of a mixed portfolio of commercial and residential properties. The COO will manage the Leadership Team and company operations, with direct responsibility for the Property Management, Accounting and Human Resources departments, as well as providing temporary oversight as Regional Property Manager for a few properties. The COO will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people in place to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The COO reports to the CEO.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and people, designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the company.
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s accounting function, including tax auditing and financial reporting.
- Ensure all accounting records are accurate, complete and in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist Property Managers and the Accounting department in setting and adhering to property budgets and profit goals.
- Actively participate in the acquisition due diligence process, including involvement inthe management portion of the underwriting process.
- Oversee collaboration between Commercial Property Management, Residential Property Management, Accounting, and Construction and Development departments to insure the highest level of customer service is provided to both clients and property tenants.
- Evaluate and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports andfinancial trends to the Managing Partners.
- Ensure continual improvement of the budgeting process by educating department Managers and employees on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Be the financial advisor on any contracts into which the company may enter.
- Develop a collaborative team environment using strong communication skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Provide complete oversight of all property income and expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interview, hire, and train employees.
- Interview and hire outsourcing functions.
- Plan, assign, and direct work.
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Reward and discipline employees.
- Address complaints and resolve issues.
- Job Qualifications/Experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Senior Property Manager or similar position.
- 5+ years of experience in the Real Estate industry.
- 5+ years of Accounting experience.
- 2+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Experience leading and developing a cohesive team, with proven results.
- Thorough understanding of budgeting, accounting and financial reporting and analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and abilities, including experience with strategic management and financial analysis tools.
- Demonstrated success in understanding and presenting complex business issues and identifying creative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and manage at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively assess ongoing progress, communicate results clearly, and use data to create goals and make informative decisions.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office experience, specifically Outlook and Excel.
Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for the position please kindly send your CV/Resume and cover letter to the e-mail address: email@example.com with subject “Chief Operating Officer”. In case of any additional questions please feel free to contact us via phone: +1 832.573.9948
Due date for applying: August 26th, 2016.APPLY FOR POSITION NOW